“The wearer best knows where the shoe pinches.”
We have all gone through similar experiences at some point where our shoes become a deadly weapon. The pain and agony caused us to think we were on a pilgrimage a thousand miles away from home. And that’s when we learned to appreciate a comfortable pair of shoes.
However, the irony is comfortable shoes are not always stylish, and stylish shoes are not always comfortable.
Crocs, however, are different. They are comfortable and are considered stylish by many. With all the benefits and likability, there’s still a question whose answer a great number of crocs users would like to know, do crocs stretch?
Let’s find out.
Do Crocs Stretch?
Yes, they do. Crocs are made of a type of foam, a type of closed-cell resin from crude oil polymer called Croslite.
Crocs does stretch. However, it doesn’t scratch or slip. It’s lightweight as well as soft. It’s comfortable to wear, and they are well-known for not leaving marks.
It’s odor-resistant and non-toxic. Moreover, these shoes are antifungal and antibacterial, and easy to clean.
However, most crocs look alike and are made of rubber which, we also know, is stretchable.
How Much Do Crocs Stretch?
How much a pair of crocs will stretch generally depends on several variables, including-
- The period of usage
- The weather
- The materials used
- The condition they have been kept under
- Several other factors
Crocs do stretch if they are worn for an extended period.
In general, a pair of crocs may stretch from half an inch to an inch.
Will Crocs Stretch or Shrink?
Crocs can do both. As mentioned before, crocs are made of Croslite, which can be affected by temperature. Therefore, high temperatures may deform it.
Many often ask – do Crocs stretch when you wear them? The newly bought crocs may seem tight to you. However, wearing them regularly can stretch your shoes out a little.
How Do You Stretch Out Crocs?
You’ve already known the answer to “Do Crocs stretch when you wear them.” Now, you may ask, well, how to stretch crocs?
Crocs are great shoes, but if you’ve failed to get the right size, it may cause you pain. Therefore, there are some methods to help you with your predicaments below.
Dipping In Hot Water
You need to dip your crocs in boiling water in this method. Follow the steps below.
- Get boiling water in a bowl.
- Put your pair of crocs in the bowl.
- Keep them there for a minute. Be careful not to keep your crocs longer than a minute. Otherwise, it might damage them.
- After a minute, take them out and put them on while wearing socks.
- Wear your boiled crocs for a while, and you will notice changes.
Using Layers Of Socks
In this method, all you need to do is wear a few layers of socks, and while wearing them, you need to wear your crocs.
Then walk in your crocs like this for a while. With time you will notice your crocs loosening up.
Usually, you can wear at the very least four pairs of socks for this method. But keep in mind that, unlike other methods, you will need patience here. And here’s a tip; try the thick socks.
All you need is a good hairdryer – not for your hair, but your crocs.
Take the hairdryer and set it as high as you think it’s needed. Then heat the crocs, but it’s best to wrap the dryer then heat them. That way, the heat will go everywhere.
As soon as you find the Crocs warm, put them on with a pair of socks and walk around for at least five to ten minutes. Then you can put them on again but without socks, and if you still find them tight, you need to repeat the process a few times.
How to Shrink Your Crocs That are Too Big?
Crocs that are too big can be as problematic as crocs that are too small. However, there’s a solution for this.
The Sun Or Heat
Many people have noticed their crocs have shrunk after they have left them outside in the sun or the car during summer. As it was written before, crocs are influenced by heat. So keeping them out like that can shrink your crocs.
But this method is time-consuming and doesn’t solve your immediate need. And also, this method is practically useless during the winter. It brings us to the second method.
The Dryer Method
You’ll need a dryer, towel, and of course, your crocs for this method.
- Firstly, you’ll need to keep in mind that you have to keep the temperature not very high. If the temperature is too high, it can deform your crocs. Keep it in a lower or medium setting.
- Secondly, pay attention to the timer. It’ll probably mess up your crocs if you mess up the time. Set the dryer at the temperature as mentioned earlier for about ten minutes.
- Then wrap the crocs in wet towels and put them in the dryer.
- Start the dryer and observe the process, especially the heat, and if everything’s alright.
- After the process is completed, you need to take your crocs out of the dryer. Be careful not to get burnt. Then remove the towel and let the crocs cool down.
- Once they have cooled down, wear them, and they will gradually change into the desired shape.
How to Shrink Down Crocs Clogs?
This method is similar to the hairdryer method, but you will need a bowl of water.
- Set the dryer as high as necessary and start blowing in the clogs. Heat each clog for at least two minutes. Keep the hairdryer constantly in motion to distribute the heat evenly.
- Then leave them like that for a minute and put them in the water. You will notice a change.
- You can repeat the process according to your needs.
How Should Your Crocs Fit?
Crocs are unlike other shoes. They are built differently with unique designs and materials.
Therefore, crocs should fit differently than other shoes. Crocs should usually fit a bit loosely. When you wear your pair of crocs, the sides of the crocs are not supposed to touch your foot, and your toes should not touch the frontal parts of your crocs. So you should get enough room there.
Additionally, when you wear them, you should be able to put a finger between the strap and your heel. In other words, you are not supposed to face struggle or discomfort of any kind.
Why Should You Buy a Pair of Crocs?
Why should you not? Let’s check the list of why you should buy a pair of crocs.
- These shoes are comfortable and easy to put on. You can quickly put them on, stroll around the neighborhood, or go to the convenience store.
- They are antifungal, antibacterial, and odor-resistant.
- These shoes are easy to clean. You can just wash them with soap and water.
- They are shock absorbent.
- They are made of Croslite; they give better cushioning for your feet and hurt less.
- They are slip-resistant and lightweight.
How to Maintain The Original Shape of Your Crocs?
If you want to maintain the original shape of your crocs, do not keep them out in the sun or the car during the summer.
Many people forget about their crocs in the summer and leave them out in the sun or the car. However, Croslite, the material of crocs, can lose its shape by extended exposure to direct sunlight or high temperature. As a result, your crocs may shrink.
Additionally, don’t put them in the dishwasher.
- Will my crocs stretch if I don’t wear them?
No, they won’t. Usually, crocs stretch if you wear them for a long time. But they won’t stretch if you don’t wear them.
But the opposite can happen. Your crocs might shrink if you leave them out in hot places or the sun. In that case, it will shrink.
- Does leaving my crocs out in the summer make them stretch?
No, it’s the opposite. It will make the shoes shrink because crocs are made of Croslite, which are affected by heat or high temperature. So, leaving your favorite pair of crocs in the car or out in the sun is not a good idea.
- Are crocs the best footwear?
Crocs are certainly one of the best pairs of footwear you can own for comfort. There are varieties of footwear, but crocs are not far behind, though flip flops or slippers might win the race when it comes to comfort. But crocs are an excellent choice to go out for a stroll around the neighborhood.
- Are crocs good for people with wide feet?
Crocs are designed to fit loosely. They are more spacious than other kinds of shoes in the toe area. Therefore that area of your feet should not feel any constraint. So, crocs are helpful for people who have wide feet.
- Are crocs suitable for running?
Crocs provide some desirable benefits, and it might seem like a charming idea to use crocs for running, but it’s better if you don’t.
Even though crocs are well shock-absorbent, they are designed for loose-fitting, inconvenient for running. Just buy a pair of running shoes if you don’t want your crocs flying off your feet and landing in other people’s faces.
Crocs are super comfortable shoes that give your feet a happy feeling. However, do crocs stretch?
Yes, crocs can stretch, and you can use this feature to your benefit and fix the size of your crocs that are too big or too small or crocs that have shrunken. However, it’s always prudent to purchase a perfectly fit pair.