“Jeans are like fries…you can’t have just one.”
Men, women, old, young – jeans are favorite to everyone. Blue, black, sky, white – you have various selections from several brands.
Wrangler jeans are a brand name for all jeans lovers. Neither less of the sex, they make top-notch jeans for everyone. However, one common issue every jeans lover faces is their jeans shrinking. Believe it or not, it is a far more common issue than you can imagine.
So it is usual to wonder, do Wrangler jeans shrink? Well, let us jump straight into the article to find some answers.
Do Wrangler Jeans Shrink?
In short, yes, it does shrink.
All Wrangler jeans get made out of cotton fabric. Neither less of the brand, cotton is cotton. It will shrink when exposed to hot water or dried in high heat.
If you bought jeans that fit you exactly right, do not wash them in hot water; instead, use cold water and, worst-case scenario, warm water. We recommend using the fastest spin mode on your washer with two or more pairs of jeans to keep a balance. The benefit of using the fastest spin is that it will get the most water out of your jeans, making them dry faster. Use a low heat dryer to avoid shrinking. We recommend hanging it.
However, when Wrangler makes their jeans while keeping the shrinkage in mind. When it gets produced, the jeans get cut accordingly depending on if it’s 100% cotton, 98%, and 2% spandex. They do this to minimize the amount of shrinking that may occur.
Even if your Wrangler jeans shrink after washing, don’t worry; they will return to their actual size with regular wear.
Moreover, if you follow the labeled instruction correctly, less than 1% will shrink, which is nothing if you ask us.
To What Size Does Wrangler Jeans Shrink?
Wrangler jeans have shown about 3-4% shrinkage in most cases. To put it into perspective, pair of their 30’’ inseam Wrangler jeans will shrink about 1’’-1 ¼’’ in length. Wrangler jeans usually never shrink over 5%.
Will Wrangler Jeans Shrink In The Dryer?
As wrangler jeans are made entirely of cotton, we expect them to shrink in the dryer. It usually shrinks more in length than in width. This means, if you dry your wrangler jeans in high heat, it will get shorter than tighter.
A simple way to avoid this is to use the lowest heat possible in your dryer, or we suggest hanging your jeans rather than using a dryer to dry them out.
Do Wrangler Prewashed Jeans Shrink?
There may be slight but ignorable shrinking after the first wash, but as during the prewash, the dimensions of the fabric have shrunk as much as it could. After the first wash, there won’t be any noticeable shrinking in the prewashed wrangler jeans.
How Do I Keep My Wrangler Jeans From Shrinking?
Shrinking is a household problem for Wrangler jeans lovers. Who wants their favorite jeans to shrink to an unwearable size?
So, here are some tips to stop your wrangler jeans from shrinking.
1. Try Out Blended Jeans
If you look into Wrangler’s online store, you will notice they sell a type of jeans with a 20-30% polyester blend. For example, the Wrangler Rugged Wear Relaxed Jean 35005SW has 20% polyester and 80% cotton.
Another similar pair of jeans would be Wrangler Denim Loose Fit Cargo Jean, 65% cotton and 35% polyester.
We recommend these jeans because the polyester will stop these Wrangler jeans from shrinking, making them perfect for people who are constantly worried about their jeans shrinking.
Furthermore, they are almost identical to the actual wrangler jeans collection, looks-wise. However, these jeans will still be prone to shrinking if you bring them in contact with boiling water.
Follow The Given Instructions
We often don’t notice, but there are instructions on how to wash and take care of your jeans attached inside. If you follow the slip correctly, it is possible to minimize the shrinking.
As per Wrangler, if you perfectly follow the instructions, you will see less than 1% shrinking after the first wash, which is nothing if we are honest.
2. Avoid Hanging It Directly Under The Sun
Heat is one of the primary causes of cotton shrinking. When the sun is scorching in summer, do not put your wrangler jeans out for drying. We assure you that you will see noticeable shrinking when it dries off if you do so.
Wrangler advises you to wash your Wrangler jeans as less as possible. It is to maintain the quality and color of your jeans. Despite denim being a natural fiber, it is not suited for washes. As these jeans mold according to your body, washing it ruins that for the jeans.
Wrangler jeans get properly washed after the production phases. So it is entirely okay to wear it right after getting it. You can wipe the spots clean using a baby wipe or vodka-soaked cloth.
Lastly, remember that washing your denim less solves the issue of shrinking, and it ages better when not washed.
Top 3 Wrangler Jeans We Recommend;
Does Wrangler Jeans Shrink If You Don’t Wear it?
It does and doesn’t, depending on what you do. If just leave your wrangler jeans out without using them for months. There is no way you will notice any shrinking. However, if you wash it without wearing it, there will indeed shrink.
How Do I Shrink My Wranglers?
The answer is very straightforward, do the opposite of all the instructions printed on your Wrangler jeans.
If you accidentally bought a size or two too big or there is no size available for you, then here are a few ways to shrink your Wrangler jeans.
- Start by getting a large pot, filling it with water, and putting it on the stove on high heat. Now, wait for it to start boiling. Then proceed to soak the jeans in it. Let it sit for an extended period.
- Once it has soaked for a while, tumble dry it in the highest heat possible for a few minutes.
- You can also wash it in your washing machine with the highest temperature to get the maximum shrinking.
- The last way is to purchase a fabric softener. Then continue by filling a bottle with 20% fabric softener and 70% boiling water. Then continue spraying it in the areas of your wrangler jeans you want to shrink. Finish by washing it on high heat in your washing machine.
How To Wash Wrangler Jeans?
We understand your worries about washing your Wrangler jeans. What if it shrinks or gets ruined. So here is a guide on it.
- The first and foremost advice on washing your Wrangler jeans is to turn them inside out. It is crucial to preserve the color of your jeans.
- Now proceed to set your washing machine to the coldest temperature. Always wash your jeans or any cotton fabric clothing with cold water. The reason is cold water prevents cotton or denim fabric from shrinking, so there is no risk of your Wrangler jeans shrinking after the wash.
- Now put in a handful of salt, or you can use a good low enzyme detergent and a well-renowned fabric softener.
- Moreover, you can use a few drops of essential oil to make your jeans smell nice without reacting with the fabric.
- Lastly, start your washing machine on a delicate cycle.
- You can use the following steps and wash it using your hands too.
- Once done washing, you can put it in the dryer at a low temperature or air dry it using cold air.
Follow these tips to give your Wrangler jeans a perfect wash.
You might be interested to read also our another comprehensive article of: Do Gildan Shirts Shrink? – All You Need to Know and Do Carhartt Jackets Shrink? – You Should Need to Know
- Do Wrangler Jeans Shrink In the waist?
Yes, they do if exposed to high heat wash. Usually, if you wash your Wrangler jeans with hot water, you can expect them to shrink about 1.5 inches in the waist.
- Should I Size Up In Wrangler Jeans?
If your Wrangler jeans do not fit you too well, then only should you size up. However, if you are thinking of sizing up because you are worried it will shrink when washed, buy your usual size and avoid washing it with high heat.
- Are Wrangler Jeans Comfortable To Wear?
Wrangler jeans are one of the most comfortable jeans out there. Even though they can endure rigorous jobs and manual work and are very durable. Wrangler jeans are as well long-lasting and very comfortable.
With proper care and usage, it is very rare for wrangler jeans to shrink, but if you don’t follow what we said or the instructions on your jeans, your Wrangler jeans will probably shrink.
Now we hope you will never need to ask do wrangler jeans shrink again, and we were able to provide you with the answers you were looking for.